Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Dharma Initiative

If you haven't yet seen the television series Lost, which is in my opinion the best, most thought provoking, philosophical television series of all time, you absolutely must go out and watch it now. If you're broke, check it out from the library, or rent it, but if you can afford it, I'd recommend going out and buying the collector quality DVD box set Lost: The Complete Collection.

Anyway, probably my favorite aspect of the show was The Dharma Initiative, the organization conducting research on the "lost" island that the survivors of oceanic flight 815 crash land on, and is the primary setting for all six seasons. The Dharma Initiative orientation videos are shown on the series as they are found, giving insight into the nature of the island and the structures and facilities they discover over time.

When I saw these video clips for the first time while watching the show, I thought they were great. Well just found out they're on YouTube, and thought I'd post a sample:



For more info, visit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma_Initiative

No comments: